SCOPE is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that provides children from underserved communities with life changing opportunities through the experience of summer camp. Their campers benefit from a positive, safe, and healthy environment led by excellent role models, who help them develop their full potential. SCOPE believes summer camp reinforces what children learn in school and enhances overall academic learning.
Camp No Counselors has partnered with SCOPE in two distinct ways:
1. By donating half of its proceeds generated from "The Camp Canteen" online merchandise store.
2. By donating a portion of its ticket proceeds.
How Does SCOPE Work?
- SCOPE Raises Funds from foundations, businesses, individual gifts, and fundraising events
- SCOPE allocates funds to participating SCOPE camps to provide camp scholarships to underserved communities
- Participating camps enroll campers; campers are selected in partnership with public schools, public charter schools, and community agencies
- SCOPE campers make a commitment to stay in school in order to return to camp summer after summer
- SCOPE campers who graduate from high school will be eligible for a college scholarship through the Sanford Lavitt Education Fund
SCOPE campers are children who are enrolled in public school or public charter school (ages 7 – 16) and qualify for the USDA Free or Reduced Lunch Program. They attend nonprofit, resident camps in the New York/Tri-State area, Midwest, Southeast, and Southwest.